Avogadro 1.2.0 was released on June 15, 2016.
Download Avogadro For Mac 1.2.0 Pro
This release marks a new stable release of Avogadro. It fixes countless bugs and adds important new features as we work on Avogadro v2. Key Updates with 1.2.0: - Support for the ORCA quantum chemistry package, thanks to Dagmar Lenk, including input generation and output parsing - Improved support for MO calculations, including. Avogadro is an advanced molecular editor designed for cross-platform use in computational chemistry, molecular modeling, bioinformatics, materials science, and related areas. It offers a flexible rendering framework and a powerful plugin architecture. Features: Cross-Platform: Molecular builder for Windows, Linux, and Mac.
- Support for the ORCA quantum chemistry package, thanks to Dagmar Lenk, including input generation and output parsing
- Improved support for MO calculations, including orbitals with F, G, H, and I angular momentum, thanks to Dagmar Lenk and Albert DeFusco
- Support for exporting VRML models of atoms, bonds, surfaces, and orbitals (e.g. for 3D printing), thanks to Ethan Pavolik
- Support for perceiving molecular symmetry on Mac and Linux using the libmsym library (i.e., Properties -> Symmetry), thanks to Marcus Johansson
- Updated links to the new Avogadro website http://avogadro.cc/, manual http://manual.avogadro.cc/, and discussion forum http://discuss.avogadro.cc/
- Fixed support for compiling with the Eigen3 library up to version 3.2.8
- Improved support for space groups through spglib
- Updated translations, now including over 25 languages in addition to English
- Fixed a bug downloading from the Protein Data Bank
- Fixed a bug fetching molecules from the network, including the “chemical by name”
- Fixed a bug when naming molecules from the NIH chemical resolver website