How to Uninstall iTunes 8.2 And Downgrade to 8.1.1
June 9, 2009
The new iTunes 8.2 will add support to new iPhone Os 3.0 but also kill Jailbreak and connection to iPhone via SSH. Apple changed some protocols in MobileDevice framework and implemented some security checks on the device hardware/software (Security Epoch, Chip Id, Security Domain, Production Mode, Board Id, BB Chip Id)
1. Quit iTunes and iTunesHelper from Activity Monitor
Figure 2 The Download Manager window shows download progress. When the download is complete, quit the Web browser software. Double-click the iTunes for Mac OS X 1.1.smi file icon that appears on the desktop. Figure 3 The iTunes for Mac OS X 1.1.smi file icon appears on the desktop when you download iTunes. In the Music app on your Mac, choose Music Preferences, then click General. Click the “When a CD is inserted” pop-up menu, then choose an option: Show CD: Music opens the CD but doesn’t play or import it. Play CD: Music begins playing the CD without importing it. Import CD: Music automatically imports the CD. M32-Q 1.1 – Now this app is available for PC Windows 10, 8, 7, Vista, XP and MAC. Just follow the step by step to download and install the latest version of M32-Q for PC on below.
Download Itunes Monitor For Mac 1.15
2. Launch Terminal and type-in or copy-and-paste it exactly
sudo rm -rf /Applications/iTunes.app /System/Library/PrivateFrameworks/DeviceLink.framework /System/Library/Extensions/AppleMobileDevice.kext /System/Library/PrivateFrameworks/iTunesAccess.framework /System/Library/PrivateFrameworks/CoreFP.framework /System/Library/PrivateFrameworks/MobileDevice.framework
Download ITunes Monitor For Mac 1.1 Pro
3. Type your admin password when prompted.
4. Download iTunes 8.1.1
5. Install iTunes 8.1.1 and replace iTunes Library file in username/Music/iTunes with your latest backup iTunes Library folder
iTunes is a free application for Windows PCs. It plays all your digital music and video. It syncs content to your iPod, iPhone, and Apple TV. And it's an entertainment superstore that stays open 24/7.
- Organize your music into playlists
- Edit file information
- Record compact discs
- Copy files to an iPod or other digital audio player
- Purchase music and videos on the Internet through the built-in iTunes store
- Run a visualizer to display graphical effects in time to the music
- Encode music into a number of different audio formats.
Download: iTunes 220.127.116.11 (64-bit) 200.0 MB (Freeware)
Download: iTunes 18.104.22.168 (32-bit) 171.0 MB
Links: Apple iTunes Website
Get alerted to all of our Software updates on Twitter at @NeowinSoftware