- Download Personal Information Managers Software For Mac Os
- Download Personal Information Managers Software For Mac Desktop
- Beans personal financial manager. v.0.08Beans is a personal financial manager that's written in Java and uses a PostgreSQL database for its database back-end ...
- Personal Document Manager DMS v.0.6Personal Document Manager is a tool for storing, indexing and finding documents. In short: a simple, small Document Management System.Userguide at Project Webpage.Currently I am looking for people willing to join the project. Needed are: - ...
- Task Information Manager v.1.00.03bTask InformationManager is a tool for organizing and tracking tasks that the user is responsible for performing. The system is ideal for tracking recurring maintenance ...
- Bias :: Versatile Information Manager v.1.0Bias is a cross-platform versatile information management application / ...
- Time Manager 7 Advanced v.2.0Time Manager 7 is a personalinformationmanager. It allows you to keep track of appointments, plan your day, manage your to do lists, maintain an address book and perform other personal resource management activities. Time Manager 7 is built on a ...
- SimpleDays X v.3.3.1simpleDays X 3.3.1 offers a simple but highly effective personalinformationmanager with features that go beyond the standard PIM set. In addition to the ability to set reminders, maintain a 'to do' list, and track contacts informationm simpleDays ...
- XEMPIM v.1.0XEMPIM 1.0 is released as a free and simple to use Cocoa port of EMPIM, the Excessively Modular PersonalInformationManager built around the idea that each function of a PIM (contact list, calendar, email client, etc) exists as an autonomous ...
- CollabOffice v.2CollabOffice is a web based PersonalInformationManager (PIM) which allows teams to share and work together. It provides email, documents, calendar, contacts, instant messaging, news (nntp), and online web based ...
- Gnosis E-mail Client v.0.1Portable opensource e-mail client and PersonalInformationManager written for the Unices and Linux. Our goal is to support various mail servers including Exchange Server, POP3, IMAP4, etc., eventually having the functionality of MS ...
Requires Mac OS X 10.13 or newer. Is this 100% free accounting software? Manager data is cross-compatible across all operating systems. MacUpdate's software library contains more than 344 Personal Information Managers apps designed for Mac owners. Choose the best app and download it today for free.
- Myphpim v.01.05MyPhPim is A Multi-User, PersonalInformationManager, including email client, addressbook, notes, todo and calendar, Written In ...
- Nomad PIM v.86.64Nomad PIM is a free extensible personalinformationmanager. It contains modules for personal notes, journal, address book, personal finances, task management, time tracking and evaluating basic fitness ...
- Notilo v.0.8Personalinformationmanager. Plain-text editor with hierarchical structure. Multiplatform. Supports ...
- OpenJean v.0.9.5OpenJean is a cross-platform, extensible, personalinformationmanager. It includes: file manager, RSS aggregator, calendar and appointments diary, mailer, image manager, multimedia manager, favorites, notes, tasks, anniversaries, topics and address ...
- Pimc v.1.0pimc - PersonalInformationManager in Console.Depends: bash, dialog, at, ...
- SecureDATA v.1.6.b3secureDATA is a simple and easy to use encrypted personalinformationmanager. It can store both textual information (passwords, usernames, electronic receipts, etc), and (as of v1.6) files. It uses AES-128 encryption via the Python Cryptography ...
- StudenNet v.2.18Student PersonalInformation software for all school, university, college, Class, Kindergarden, Primary, Secondary, Polytechnic, Institude Features 1. System Requirement: Window OS Server, Window XP, Window 2000, Window 2003, Window NT2. Database ...
- Account Manager v.86A simple personal accounting manager as an Eclipse desktop application. Handles multiple accounts and users. Also provides with basic accounting framework including : model, persistence, views, ...
- Personal Info, etc. Management (Pieman) v.0.07Pieman is a command-line tool for managing personalinformation such as appointments, contacts, and tasks as well as other data such as notes and rc files. It is a portable pure-perl tool inspired by abook, devtodo, mutt, and pal, among ...
- Wampum Personal Finance v.2Personal financial manager like many others, but hopefully different. The emphasis is on integration with existing applications (GNUCash) and office suites like OpenOffice. The application uses a standard HSQLDB database for easy JDBC ...
- OpenBoat v.0.1.0openBoat is a web based personal project manager with an emphasis on expenses rather than time. Information is stored in an SQL database. All you need is a computer with a web server that supports the Perl ...
- WISeID WISeID the best free password manager to secure your
- CollabOffice CollabOffice is a web based Personal Information
- Word Icon Library Word Icon Library is a collection of wonderfully-crafted
- Citrio browser Citrio is an ultimate browser for Windows and Mac. With
- Citrio Citrio is an ultimate browser for Windows and Mac. With
- Kaspersky Password Manager Kaspersky Password Manager securely stores all your
- AutoID Password Manager autoID Password Manager 2.0.0 gives a tool for typing your
- SimpleDays simpleDays 1.2 is created as an advanced and sophisticated
- SimpleDays X simpleDays X 3.3.1 offers a simple but highly effective
- Time Manager 7 Advanced Time Manager 7 is a personal information manager . It
Updated November 2, 2021
What is a personal information manager (PIM)?
A personal information manager (PIM) is a software for managing contacts, appointments, tasks, memos and other personal data.
The term 'personal information manager' has no exact definition. It also can be ambiguous, because it can be used for both the computer software and the device, also known as 'personal digital assistant' or PDA (remember PalmPilot?). In this guide we are going to discuss only the software aspect of PIMs.
Personal information manager apps are available in all forms and vary broadly in the scope of their features. They can be simple (offering only a single information management component) or complex (including most, if not all, possible PIM components).
Download Personal Information Managers Software For Mac Os
PIM types: mobile vs desktop software
Depending on their target platform, we can divide PIM software solutions into two distinct groups.
Mobile personal information manager
Mobile devices are the modern equivalent of a PDA. Both Android and iOS devices offer integrated set of basic PIM functionality for managing phone numbers, checking emails, creating todo lists, managing appointments, and setting reminders.
Their simplicity is both their strength and weakness. They do simple things very well, but are not suited for more complex personal information activities. For the latter you need a computer with a full-fledged personal information management software.
Desktop personal information manager
All major computer platforms (Windows, Mac, Linux) have powerful PIM tools. In this guide we will delve into the details of these desktop apps and review what computer-based personal information managers are capable of.
Which are the essential personal information manager features?
According to Wikipedia a personal information manager includes one or more of the following features:
- Bookmark manager - for storing web site URLs
- Calendar - for managing appointments & daily agenda
- Contacts - optional, since smartphones normally handle that
- Email client - optional, since email clients are ubiquitous now
- Forms - for items that require predefined template
- Notes - for any kind of free-text information
- Outliner - for drafting ideas & organizing hierarchical data items
- Reminders - for appointments & to-dos
- Task manager - for managing tasks and todo lists
Why do you need a personal information manager app?
Each person has their own unique needs for managing personal information. Still, there are some common things that most of us want to organize:
Download Personal Information Managers Software For Mac Desktop
- Anniversaries, events & important calendar dates
- Collections/database of all sorts (music, movies, books)
- Email and instant message archives
- Itineraries & checklists
- Legal documents
- Lists (places to go, foods to try)
- Medical information & documents
- Personal notes
- Project management materials
- Reference materials
- Web snippets & bookmarks
What makes the perfect personal information manager software?
Keeping in mind that we are talking about desktop-based personal information managers, these feature are most important for a quality PIM app:
- Friendly user-interface - the personal information manager is a tool that you use daily, so it needs a modern and clean user interface.
- Text editor - since we are going to write down all kinds of free-text information, we need a decent text editor with rich text formatting, support for pictures, tables, and file attachments.
- Search - finding your information is critical in a personal information manager app. You should have access to powerful searching functionality, including both simple searches and boolean expression queries.
- Strong linking - you should be able to interlink different data items in the application for better and faster navigation.
- Views - it should be possible to display and order your data by different criteria, suitable for various contexts.
- Encryption - if you store sensitive personal information, you should be able to password-protect it.
- Portability & synchronization - your work may require that you travel a lot and use different computers. Having your data on a USB thumb-drive can be a lifesaver. Alternatively, you may use some sort of synchronization service to keep the same data on different devices.
- Import & Export - probably you already have a vast amount of personal information stored in other applications, databases or as files &l folders on your computer. You should be able to move it to your personal information manager, but also to be able to move it out, if the need arises.
- Tagging and metadata - another tool for making navigating and finding your stuff better is to be able to label the different data items with tags, categories and other attributes.
- Forms & Templates - required for managing collections.
- Web clipper - makes collecting web snippets and bookmarks much easier.
- Customization - a good PIM program is a place where you will spend a lot of time. You should be able to change its layout and appearance to match your style and preferences.
Best personal organizer tools
While there are many PIM apps out there, we've selected three that are the best for their respective platforms. Please note that we've reviewed only computer applications, so no mobile phone apps are in the list.
This is a desktop-based personal information manager for Windows. It offers powerful text editor with support for rich formatting, images, and tables. It offers an impressive full-text search (supporting also advanced search syntax), the files can be password-protected, and this organizer app can be installed on a portable drive. It has a great user interface for navigating between your items, has strong linking functions, and imports and exports many different file formats.
If you are using Mac rather than Windows, then we recommend you DevonThink. It allows you to organize files from different application and edit most of them directly in DevonThink, supports smart saved searches and you can assign reminders to the different data items. Just as MyInfo, it offers strong tagging feature.
Best personal information managers for 2021
- MyInfo (best personal information manager for Windows)
- DevonThink (best personal information manager for Mac)
- Evolution (best PIM for Linux)
In conclusion, if you are looking for personal information manager for Windows then definitely try MyInfo. It's fast, it's responsive, it's feature complete, and it's simple to use. If you are Mac person, on the other hand, then give DevonThink a try.